Knit One Quilt Too offers beginner, intermediate, and advanced level classes in knitting, quilting, weaving, embroidery, sewing, needlepoint, and crochet. To register, call (401) 337-5578 or stop by. Some classes require no pre-registration.
¾ Log Cabin Quilt: A Modern version of log cabin quilt, with Kathy
October 19 @ 1:30 pm - 4:30 pm
Saturday October 19, 1:30 to 4:30 pm | $ 45 | Registration required
Together we will explore and learn the fast, fun way to a modern improv version of traditional log cabin quilt. We will focus on making blocks to make a 24–30” x 24–30” quilt top which can easily be expanded to any size you want. No pre-work required before the class. Class fee of $40 to the instructor prior to class plus $5 shop fee ($45 total). Preregistration and payment for the class are required.
– Pattern will be supplied free to all class members
– Minimum 12 (15 to 16 is better) quarter yards either Fat Quarter or straight cut Quarter Yard Cuts or scraps*
– Sewing Machine in good working order
– Basic sewing supplies
– Rotary cutter with new blade
– Cutting ruler that cuts width of fabric (I use Creative Grids 24 x 8.5 for example)
– Cutting Mat to cut WOF (width of fabric) or large enough work on 12.5” square block
– Optional: rotating mat
– Optional: Square ruler minimum size 12.5” (I use Creative Grids 12.5” square)- very helpful
*I used all Kona solids in bright non-primary colors such as Corn yellow, Cheddar, Papaya, School bus, Flame, Cerise, Berry Eggplant, Bright Pink, Pomegranate, Pacific, Lagoon, Cyan, Cactus, Sprout, and Peapod. Use your own color aesthetic to make your blocks. Many have used prints to make this quilt.
To register, contact the shop at (401) 337-5578 or call Kathy directly at (508) 818-2332. You can also email Kathy at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.